At uvex, we want to realise our vision of protecting people in a sustainable way. As a manufacturer with a high in-house production rate, we consider the environmental impact of all of our processes and can influence most aspects of the value creation chain. We use this influence to reach our sustainability goals in terms of ecology, economy, working conditions and human rights, employees and society, and product. In uvex plants, we’ve implemented almost 300 measures and projects to improve our sustainability performance.
Sustainable protection of people and environment
As a family company, we want to realise our vision of protecting people in a sustainable way placing high value on continuity and the responsible use and deployment of social, environmental and economic resources – to protect our environment, society, and the health of our customers.
Take a look at our new video about uvex's approach to sustainability.
uvex's approach to sustainability in detail
In production, we consider the environmental impact of all of our processes:
- Over 90% of the energy we consume is green energy – generating annual CO2 savings of more than 7000 tonnes
- Our earplug production process is waterless and virtually CO2-neutral
- We have introduced complex energy recovery systems to reduce our energy consumption
- Our safety shoe production department is certified in line with ISO-14001; this is the first area of our company to obtain this certification
For a number of years, uvex has followed its own social code, implemented a prohibited substances list and applied a comprehensive quality management system:
- Binding social standard for all suppliers – based on globally recognised standards such as those of the ILO or SA8000
- 85 regularly audited core suppliers
- Consistent implementation of defined measures across the world by trained uvex employees more than 10,000 hazardous substances checks carried out each year along the entire value creation chain
- Systems that surpass legal requirements
- 80 employees dedicated to ensuring that all products are of optimum quality
- 11 locations across the world with DIN-ISO-9001 certification
Got a question about one of our products? Fill in our quick form and we will get back to you
Sign up to our newsletter to receive information about our latest products, services and other interesting highlights
Sign up now
Sustainability in the uvex group
We devote ourselves to protect people and to do that sustainably.