Making eyewear comfortable - How to choose the right option for you
Simply wearing any old pair of safety eyewear isn’t enough to protect your eyes. Sure, it decreases the possibility of an injury, however, if you have poorly fitted eyewear you are putting yourself at a higher risk of injury. It’s all about proper wearability.
How are safety glasses supposed to fit?
Safety eyewear isn’t one size fits all. When trying on new safety eyewear, ask yourself these questions:
- Are the side arm tips comfortable around the ears?
- Is the pressure from the temples and/or side arms comfortable? Comfortable enough to wear all day?
- Is the nose piece comfortable and in contact with your nose?
- Is the weight of the eyewear comfortable for your face?
- There should be no uncomfortable pressure points on the side of the head or behind the ears
- The nose piece should be comfortable and contacting your nose without pinching
- You should be able to see in all directions without major obstruction
- The overall weight of your safety eyewear should be evenly distributed between your ears and nose so that the frame sits comfortably on your face without distracting from tasks
- Frames should fit close to the face without hitting your eyelashes - the space around the frames and your face should be less than a pencil width. Gaps of less than or equal to 6-8mm are preferred
- Lenses should cover the eyebrow and any soft tissue around it
- Eyewear should stay in place when you move your head front-to-back and side-to-side
Because of uvex’s German-engineered dual-injection mould technology, we’re able to combine soft and hard components into frames that flex; making them comfortable and durable, yet highly adaptive so that they fit to any face width or shape – making wearability, protection and compliance easy.
The wide range of uvex styles and designs of safety eyewear allows you to find the product that most suits you. We offer a range of lens shades and coatings to suit a variety of workplace environments and light conditions. All uvex lens options will provide maximum UV protection. Choose the style and type of frame that suits you and the environment you are working in.
Eyewear trial request
If you’d like to undertake a fit programme and trial any of our products, simply fill in the form below to make an appointment with your regional sales manager.
Got a question about one of our products? Fill in our quick form and we will get back to you as soon as possible
Sign up to our newsletter to receive information about our latest products, services and other interesting highlights
Sign up now