How to care for your uvex safety gloves
Follow these tips on how to care for and maintain your uvex mechanical safety gloves hygienically and safely, making sure you remove them correctly and wash and store them appropriately.
1. Prior to use, check the gloves to ensure there is no damage, e.g. holes, incisions. If faulty, damaged or if showing signs of heavy abrasion - gloves must not be used. Replace as necessary.
2. Make sure you have the correct size.
3. After use: pull gloves inside out from the wrist to keep any contaminant contained.
4. Wash hands thoroughly and sanitise.
5. Ideally put a fresh pair of gloves on each time.
6. Discard or store appropriately until they are worn again or can be laundered.
7. Launder all pairs at the end of the day and allow to air dry.
8. Wash and sanitise hands after handling soiled gloves.
For hygiene and environmental reasons, gloves can and should be laundered after use depending on the level of wear. Gloves with heavy abrasion or damage should be disposed of. Do not use any chemicals or sharp-edged objects for cleaning the gloves (wire brushes, abrasive paper). The following uvex gloves can all be washed at 40ºC.