Optician's Online Portal
Designed specifically for opticians
The latest development to uvex's online ordering system is the creation of the Optician's Portal, which has been designed specifically for opticians to process orders for uvex safety prescription eyewear. This is an opportunity to improve both the speed and ease of the service for our customers.
Our new portal brings many benefits both in terms of making the administration of uvex prescription safety eyewear quick and easy and also improving the customer experience.
What are the benefits?
The system contains clearly defined mandatory fields to be completed for orders to be processed, significantly alleviating queries and speeding up manufacturing for our customers.
Messages will pop up advising if items have been omitted or if, for a technical reason, the spectacles cannot be manufactured and another frame or lens choice should be made, all while the employee is in the store.
Real time information
Orders without queries will go straight into manufacture helping to save valuable time and increase the speed by which the customer will receive their safety spectacles. You can review the status of orders at any time.
- By using the portal, your dispensing and sight test fees will be paid via BACS. Whilst this is not compulsory, it is advisable to minimise your bank charges.
- Payments will be made twice a month (15th and 30th or next working day) alleviating time spent administering cheques.
- Upon receipt of a completed pair of spectacles, login to the portal, find the order and mark as received. This will then trigger the BACS payment for the next run and acts as a guarantee that orders have not been lost in the post.
- Should you forget to mark an order as received, a reminder will be sent via email after a couple of days.
- If required, a BACS advice note will also be sent to you via email, so you can easily match payments with orders.
- If you prefer to continue receiving cheques, no further action is required on the portal. Instead, you will receive a cheque with the completed spectacles.
- Please note that using the portal, is the only way you can receive your fees by BACS.
When you are ready to register, please visit https://prescription.uvex-safety.co.uk to complete the simple registration process.
Please note: to use the portal you will need Internet Explorer 10 or above, or another browser like Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Edge, or Safari if you are an Apple user.
Already have an account?
Find out more
To find out more about our optician's online portal, contact our prescription department using the details below:
UVEX SAFETY (UK) LTD
uvex House, Farnham Trading Estate
GU9 9NW Farnham, Surrey
Telephone: 01252 725552
Benefits for Authorising Officers
Find out what the benefits of the prescription online ordering system are to authorising officers