Standard DIN EN 352 regulates general requirements for hearing protection as part of protective workwear.
Selection of appropriate hearing protection in accordance with DIN EN 352 depends on the specific working conditions and the type of noise occurring at the workplace. Requirements for hearing protection are regulated accordingly and classified into the following types:
- hearing protection helmets
- noise protection suits
In addition to the general requirements in accordance with DIN EN 352, product-specific features and requirements are regulated in the following special standards.
In accordance with DIN EN 352, all hearing protectors must be marked with:
- manufacturer's name or trademark and model name
- EN number
- instructions on insertion, application and wearing (as necessary)
- nominal size
- CE marking
- indication of reusability or single use (relevant for earplugs)
- left or right marking (for otoplastics)