Robust safety footwear for the winter
It’s important for those working outside to look after their feet with appropriate footwear. The culmination of bad weather, uneven terrain and being on your feet all day means that only a hard wearing boot that delivers uncompromising levels of safety and comfort will do. uvex safety boots are specifically designed for demanding environments, with options that contain a fleece lining for extra warmth. All styles deliver optimum shock absorption to help minimise fatigue, combined with anti-slip soles and flexible, water-resistant uppers.
Keep hands warm with uvex thermal gloves
When it comes to selecting the right gloves for winter work, several key factors come into play, such as comfort, fit, and grip. Glove coatings play a crucial role in maintaining a strong grip, and manufacturers are constantly innovating to enhance this feature. A secure grip prevents materials from slipping in the first place, reduces the risk of early fatigue, and minimises the need for overexertion, which can lead to injuries.
When selecting winter hand protection, comfort is a key consideration. Gloves that offer high comfort levels and support freedom of movement are essential. They should provide natural touch dexterity, contour to the hand without restricting movement, and allow workers to perform tasks with ease.
uvex unilite thermo safety gloves
These winter safety gloves feature an extremely robust coating that remains flexible in cold temperatures. An acrylic and wool mix liner provides warmth, comfort and helps maintain a good moisture balance.
- Flexible even at low temperatures
- Double layered construction
- Excellent dexterity
- High abrasion resistance
- For dry and slightly damp areas
- Sizes 7 to 11
Robust cut protection for cold working conditions
The uvex unilite thermo plus cut c is a winter safety glove that combines protection against thermal risks (cold) with very good cut protection (Level C).
Characterised by an extremely robust polymer coating which is flexible even at low temperatures while the acrylic material provides good insulation.
- Two-layer material composition for reliable protection against cold
- Polymer coating on the back of the hand that is flexible at low temperatures
- Excellent blade cut resistance (level C)
- Very good thermal insulation in direct contact with cold objects
- Certified to EN 388:2016 (3 X 4 2 C) and EN 511 (0 2 X)
Thermal glove with impact protection
The cold weather version in HexArmor's popular Thin Lizzie range, the Rig Lizard® Thin Lizzie™ Thermal 2099 is designed to offer protection from extreme cold, cuts, abrasions and impacts, while maintaining flexibility and dexterity.
- Interior fleece lining for work in the cold
- Includes HexArmor’s IR-X® Impact Exoskeleton™ for impact resistance
- Full double dip sandy nitrile palm coating over an acrylic and fiberglass blend shell
- Hi-vis on back-of-hand enhances visibility and compliance
- Seamless construction delivers high comfort and dexterity
If you have any questions about our range of winter PPE contact your local uvex representative who will be happy to help: